Health Information Specialist – Massachusetts Family to Family Health Information Center
Program Overview: A project of the Federation for Children with Special Needs, MA Family Voices works to achieve family-centered care for all children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and/or disabilities. Through our network, we provide families with the tools to make informed decisions, advocate for improved public and private policies, build partnerships among professionals and families, and serve as a trusted resource on health care.
Summary:The Health Information Specialist reports to the Project Coordinator and provides information to parents of children or youth with special health care needs and/or disabilities to help the parents make informed health care decisions.
- Provide individual, cultural, and linguistically competent technical assistance to families and professionals. Respond to inquiries in a professional and timely manner by phone or email.
- Co-moderate the Mass Family Voices @ FCSN Listserv.
- Create and update content for the MFV/MAF2F social media sites.
- Assist in the planning of agency conferences, e.g., “Joining Voices” and/or “Visions of Community”.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or humanities, preferred (Relevant combination of education and work experience may be substituted).
- Parent of a child with special health care needs.
- Prior experience as a children’s health, family advocate/partner, preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with groups of parents, professionals and policy makers.
- Familiar with MA State Maternal Child health System.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Database, Email and Internet).
- Excellent writing skills and experience organizing, managing and completing multiple tasks.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and, exercise good judgement.
This position is PART TIME – 12 hours (2-3 days/week).
To apply: Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: Cathy Hickey-M.Ed., Project Coordinator, Mass FV and F2F Health Info Center, to Chickey@fcsn.org.
We welcome parents of children with special needs to apply.
The Federation is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation.