Transition Timelines and Guides
Transition is about planning so using timelines, guides and organization tools to help in the process will help with preparing for life after high school.
Not sure a transition planning tool can help?
1. Start with the Family Guide to Transition Services (PDF) developed by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission and the Federation for Children with Special Needs. It is also available in Spanish (PDF).
2. Check out an online transition services manual developed by the Disability Law Center.
3. Prefer just getting some tips? Check out some Transition Tips (PDF).
4. Youth on the Move is a useful website for service providers.
5. The Autism Speaks Transition Tool Kit is a guide to assist families on the journey from adolescence to adulthood.