Membership Information and Forms
District/SEPAC Membership Form
Use this form to apply for MassPAC membership, either at the Basic Membership level or the Membership PLUS level. Very often, school districts pay MassPAC dues on behalf of the SEPAC. Assuming responsibility for MassPAC dues is one way for districts to support parent leaders and fulfill their regulatory obligation to provide assistance to the SEPAC.
The MassPAC membership year follows the school district year – from July 1 through June 30.
Individual/Professional Membership Form
Use this form to apply for MassPAC membership as an Individual, whether you are a professional, retired SEPAC officer or a family member – or whether you’d just like to be part of the MassPAC Listserve conversation. Individual/Professional members can elect to receive the Federation’s quarterly newsletter via email.
Highlights of MassPAC’s Activities from the FY 2016 School Year:
- 4 Regional MassPAC Networking Training Nights in Cape Cod/Hyannis, South Shore/Cohasset, North Shore/Haverhill, Greater Boston/Sudbury (44 attendees, 28 districts participated)
- On-site SEPAC visits and/or FCSN Workshops to 16 SEPACs – Andover, Ashburnham-Westminster, Blackstone-Millville, Boston, Dennis-Yarmouth, Easton, Hudson, Martha’s Vineyard, Mohawk Regional, Nantucket, Natick, Northborough-Southborough, Shrewsbury, Sturbridge, Triton Regional and Westfield
- Leadership Training for new SEPAC officers in Boston and Central MA/Westborough for SEPAC officers (12 districts/30 attendees)
- 10 Resource Fair/Conference Resource Tables across the state
- MassPAC Listserve (677 members) – 1,958 messages for an average of 163 per month
- 64 SEPAC members attended the Visions of Community Conference under the free MassPAC registration benefit – 55 people attended the MassPAC VOC workshop – Building a Better SEPAC for Your Community.
- Technical assistance to school personnel and SEPAC officers was provided via telephone calls (204) and email messages (1,871) during the year
- MassPAC members were invited to 12 free monthly FCSN series of webinars on special education topics
- Presentations on MassPAC, family engagement and parent leadership at DESE workshop for special education educators in Danvers and at the all-Cape Administrators meeting
- MassPAC participated on state advisory boards for the following groups: MA Coalition for Special Education Funding, the Special Education Coalition, NAMI’s Educate the Educator, and the c.222 Coalition.