Family-to-Family Health Info Center
The goal of Massachusetts Family-to-Family Health Information Center is to assist families in making informed choices about care for their children and youth with special health care needs so they will be:
- More knowledgeable about health care services and supports
- Better able to access services and supports
- More satisfied with the services their child and families receives
- More effective partners in decision-making with health care providers, systems of care, and with policy makers
- Better advocates
We provide free, confidental assistance to families raising children and youth with special health needs, professionals, and others. Services include:
- Assistance with health care, public benefits and other health care financing options
- Referrals to programs designed to help children and youth with special health needs remain in the community
- Partnering with organizations throughout the state to create opportunities for parent/professional partnerships
- Collaborating with others to address barriers to health care and participates in opportunities to improve systems of care for children and youth with special health care needs.
- Hosts an annual Joining Voices Conference – a day of networking and learning for families with children and youth with special health needs
- Hosts Topical Conference Calls about health care services and supports so families have alternative learning opportunities
- Runs a web-based Statewide Listserv where families with children and youth with special health care needs and their professional partners can share information and resources, ask questions and learn from each other’s collective expertise.