Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families, and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Job Summary: This is a senior management position within the Federation with significant responsibility for the overall direction and management of the organization and several of its programs. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Associate Executive Director (AED) will provide strategic leadership, day-to-day management of programs, insight and direction in future program development for the organization and its programs. The AED assumes responsibility for the organization in the absence of FCSN’s Executive Director. S/He participates as a member of the senior management team to formulate and implement policies and plans to meet the organization’s short- and long-term objectives. Principle responsibilities include the provision of guidance, assist with policy development and management of the organization’s programs, technology and administrative functions of the Federation.
Essential Job Functions:
- To work with the Executive Director, with the Project Directors and the Project Leadership Team to integrate existing programs
- To provide day-to-day leadership, supervision and direction for Project Directors on assigned projects
- To supervise new programmatic initiatives as required
- To oversee volunteer and internship programs
- Work with executive director, taking the lead in framing the operational and program agenda as well as outcomes tracking.
- Provide day-to-day management of the Federation’s grants and contract compliance.
- Work with the project directors and executive director to sustain and grow the projects.
- Works with the project directors and executive director to ensure the continuous improvement and vitality of the programs
- Serves as an accessible mentor, coach and guide for the project directors, especially on innovation and outcomes.
Grants and Contract Development
- Develops new program and service concepts into concrete action plans and proposals.
- Identifies new grants and contract opportunities that relate to the Federation’s mission.
- In partnership with the executive director, cultivates relationships with state and federal agency officials and program officers, and private foundations.
- Works with the executive director to strategize funding requests and approaches to potential funders.
- Oversees the quality of training/information dissemination functions of the Federation.
- Oversee the planning and management of the FCSN annual Visions of Community Conference
- Master’s degree in a related field. Experience may be substituted for education.
- A minimum of five years of programmatic and management experience with nonprofit organizations.
- A working knowledge of parent centers that engage in the provision of information, training and technical assistance to families of children/students with disabilities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated prior supervisory experience as well as successful program development or project management
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and professionalism with all constituents of the Federation including individuals with disabilities and their families, individuals from diverse cultures, , clinicians, the professionals who serve these families, interns and state and federal program staff
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of a range of technologies for project management and information exchange
Please submit a resume and cover letter by mail to: FCSN Human Resources, The Shrafft Center, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129 or send your materials by email to: email@example.com.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, FCSN is also committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. We welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!