IT / Web and Graphic Design Assistant
Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families, and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Information Technology and supporting staff that operating in a Windows environment. This position provides IT/Help desk support, troubleshoots hardware/software issues and office technology systems or equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide general technical support and IT/Help desk support to staff operating in a Windows environment (Windows 7, 10). Troubleshoot issues for a resolution in a timely manner.
- Provide website support for FSCN programs, monitor and maintenance of content and recommend website enhancements, if any.
- Work with staff on the graphic design of FCSN materials such as our newsletter, and other items used for publicizing of agency-wide events, ensure timely completion of print products and serve as point of contact person for FCSN print jobs.
- Attend Federation meetings, as required (staff meetings, staff professional development).
- Assist Director of Information Technology and perform other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with WordPress, MS Office and knowledge of website accessibility principles.
- Knowledge of web development process (design, development and deployment) and an understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment and function as a contributing team member.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, as well as an ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience using Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat (Photoshop), is a plus.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by mail to: FCSN Human Resources, The Shrafft Center, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129 or send your materials by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position and eligible for all benefits as determined by FCSN policies.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, FCSN is also committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. We welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!