Next-Gen Outreach Specialists (Part-time: 20 hours/week)
Our Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families, as well as, encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Next-Gen Initiatives at FCSN:
FCSN works to build an equity-driven culture of family engagement, seeking family-led and co-created solutions to the challenges faced by historically marginalized children and youth. Our programs strengthen the capacities of families, educators, healthcare providers and child development professionals to build layers of support that help young people thrive. FCSN is partnering with Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission’s NextGen Careers to connect eligible students to intensive career coaching and employment supports.
Job summary: NextGen Outreach Specialists will provide bilingual support, outreach, coaching and trainings aimed at recruiting eligible students for the NextGen Careers Project. Specialists will increase parent/caregiver awareness of the NextGen program particularly among families with first language other than English in the three targeted regions of this pilot program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support bilingual recruitment efforts for NextGen eligible youth.
- Provide one on one assistance to families of NextGen eligible youth. Answer NextGen calls speaking one of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Mandarin Chinese, or Vietnamese.
- Provide bilingual trainings for families to understand the NextGen program.
- Attend family-facing meetings and events to share information about the NextGen program and resources, using materials developed by the program.
- Identify community partners to assist in NextGen recruiting.
- Perform data entry to document presentations and direct communication with families.
- Attend required supervision and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be bilingual in English and one of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Mandarin Chinese, or Vietnamese.
- Ability to work a schedule that may include some early evenings and may weekend hours.
- Familiarity with one of the three MA regions targeted by NextGen (North – Lowell and Lawrence, West – Springfield and Worcester, South – Roxbury, Boston and Braintree)
NextGen Outreach Specialist (Part-Time 8 hours/week).
- Existing connections within diverse language communities, and ability to build new connections with prioritized communities.
- Access to transportation and ability to travel for some in-person meetings.
- Experience that can relate to providing information and support for families.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to navigate computer technologies including database, videoconferencing, email and Microsoft Word.
*Please Note: This is part-time position, 20 hours per week, and is eligible for employee benefits as outlined in FCSN personnel policies. This program is grant funded and continuation of the program will be dependent on continuation of our 3-year grant.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter by email to the Federation at email@example.com; to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs, Attn: HR, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!