Next-Gen Transition Coordinator (1FTE)
Our Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families, as well as, encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Next-Gen Initiatives at FCSN:
FCSN is partnering with Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission’s NextGen Careers initiative to connect eligible students to intensive career coaching and employment supports and to support their families during this process. NextGen is targeting three locations in Mass North (Lowell and Lawrence), West (Springfield and Worcester), South (Boston, Braintree and Roxbury) with the goal of providing more intensive supports to students, ages 22-30, to enable them to find and maintain long-term employment
The NextGen Transition Coordinator will work with and be supervised by the Director of Transition Projects to oversee FCSN’s partnership with NextGen staff and administration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide one on one support and coaching to family members
- Return calls and respond to emails about the NextGen program and making referrals as appropriate.
- Offer a Planning a Life: Employment conference annually in each targeted regions.
- Work with transition team and NextGen staff to develop new training content as needed
- Provide support to Outreach specialists as needed
- Collaborate with NextGen marketing team and FCSN’s communication team to highlight NextGen/FCSN activities on social media and in marketing materials
- Work with NextGen/FCSN support staff to plan and facilitate recruitment activities, including but not limited to attending resource fairs, offering presentations, approaching local schools, community organizations, clubs, businesses, agencies, etc. to foster connections and increase awareness of NextGen programs
- Attend family-facing meetings and events to share information about the NextGen program and resources, using materials developed by the program.
- Perform data entry to document presentations and direct communication with families.
- Provide support to Federation’s annual Visions of Community conference, highlighting NextGen programs
- Attend required supervision and staff meetings.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Education or equivalent experience in field of direct service, non-profit, vocational rehabilitation, special education or other related fields
- Experience providing information and support for families.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to navigate computer technologies including database, videoconferencing, email and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work a consistent schedule that may include some early evenings and weekend hours.
- Ability to be enthusiastic representative of FCSN in the community.
- Ability to build new connections with prioritized communities.
- Access to transportation and ability to travel for some in-person meetings.
- Bilingual in English and one of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Mandarin Chinese, or Vietnamese a plus
Send your resume and cover letter by email to the Federation at email@example.com; or by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs, Attn: HR, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!