PAC Support Specialist, Statewide Family Engagement Center (SFEC)
Part-Time (20 hours)
Our Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Responsible for providing support to local PACs (Parent Advisory Councils).
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with SFEC team to develop and implement project activities.
- Collaborate with SFEC and its partners to coordinate agreed upon training, webinars, technical assistance, related materials and outreach to professionals and families.
- Provide support and technical assistance to families, school districts, and other providers on family engagement.
- Maintain accurate and complete data on activities.
- Meet regularly with SFEC staff and supervisor. Participate in SFEC and Federation staff meetings and activities.
- Develop knowledge of topics related to needs of community through continuing education, workshop attendance, personal contacts, Federation resources, and other professional development opportunities.
- Work with Federation staff in support of agency activities such as Visions of Community Conference.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Lived experience as a parent / caregiver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to facilitate group interactions.
- Able to meet designated deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in web based computer skills, including use of email, Microsoft Office, and databases.
- Driver’s license and ability to travel throughout the state.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Experience as a parent leader of a SEPAC, ELPAC, or PTO
Please Note: This position is eligible for all employee benefits as determined by FCSN policies.
Send your resume and cover letter by email to FCSN at email@example.com; or by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs, Attn: HR, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. We welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!