(Part-time/Hybrid Remote positions)
The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
As a Project Associate, you will be responsible for outreach efforts to school districts and community-based organizations through phone calls, emails, website updates and social media, building and maintaining relationships, and effectively communicating our organization’s value. In addition, you will assist in data management, ensuring the accuracy of records and preparing reports to track outreach effectiveness. This hybrid position requires staff to come to the Boston office for quarterly all-staff meetings and other monthly meetings as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
Outreach to School Districts:
- Conduct outreach to school districts, community-based organizations, and SEPACs via phone calls, emails and social media.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in school districts.
- Communicate the value and benefits of our programs and services.
- Assist in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data related to outreach efforts.
- Maintain accurate records of outreach activities and contacts.
- Prepare regular reports to track outreach effectiveness.
- Provide general administrative support to the project teams.
- Coordinate workshops including advertisement, setting up registration, sending reminders, and collecting data.
- Update website and promotional materials
- Assist in preparing presentations, reports, and other project-related documents.
The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, organizational abilities, and a passion for family engagement, education, and disability advocacy. If you are motivated to contribute to our organization’s growth, eager to learn, and committed to our mission, we encourage you to apply. Join us in making a meaningful impact.
- Experience in office environment desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, website and database management.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented. Strong organizational skills.
- Preference is giving to a parent or family member of a child with special needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred. Experience may be substituted for educational preparation.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to FCSN Human Resources by email to: email@example.com Or by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs, Attn: HR, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!