Recruitment Training and Support Center (RTSC)
Part-time 32* hours/full-time eligible position
Our Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. The mission of the RTSC Project is to ensure that every child in state custody receives the educational supports they need to succeed. We strive to meet this goal by recruiting, training and providing technical assistance to our volunteers who work as special education decision-makers for students who are in state custody and receive special education services.
Job Summary: The Project Associate reports to the RTSC Project Director. S/He coordinates the volunteer application and orientation process, workshops and events for SESP.
- Coordinate monthly volunteer orientation trainings.
- Process SESP volunteer applications.
- Provide administrative support with recruitment activities.
- Assist with the production of the monthly newsletter and webinars.
- Gather project statistics for project quarterly reports.
- Participate in project and Federation staff meetings.
- Provide general administrative assistance and perform other director assigned tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred. (A combination of education and experience may be substituted).
- Good oral and written communication skills, administrative and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and WordPress. Knowledge of Access.
- Prior work experience or interest in special education and/or Department of Children and Families.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- An independent worker, pays strong attention to detail, able to take initiative and collaborate with team members.
To Apply: (Note: This position is 32 hours per week with RTSC and eligible for excellent benefits according to FCSN policies. The position can also be full-time). Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email to email@example.com or by mail to Federation for Children with Special Needs, The Schrafft Center, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!