Mass Family Voices/ Family to Family Health Information Center
Part-time (20-30 hours week – to be determined)
Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families, and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Job Summary: Coordinates the day to day operations of the MA Family to Family Health Information Center. Provides family support, information, technical assistance, as well as, training to parents of children with special needs, students with disabilities and their professional partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates day to day operations of MAF2F and manages the projects’ database.
- Create bi-annual data reports for the Family Voices/Family-Professional Partnership National Center as required by MCHB.
- Coordinate Individualized Technical Assistance to those who contact the center.
- Organize annual “Joining Voices” leadership conference
- Organize a minimum of four (4) topical webinars each year and, coordinate workshop presentations.
- Ensure deliverables of grant related activities as defined in project work plan. Supervise updates to project website.
- Serve as liaison with state disability agencies and other nonprofit organizations, as needed.
- Collaborate with Family TIES of Massachusetts.
- Write monthly reports for Board of Directors.
- Ensure MAF2F contributes an article to each issue (4X/year) of Federation News Line.
- Attend Federation meetings, as required (staff meeting, project director meeting).
- Participate on conference planning committee for annual Visions of Community Conference.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, humanities or related field preferred, or 5 years of related experience
- Parent of a child with special health care needs is preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with parents, as well as, a variety of professionals, agencies or service providers on issues related to special education and vocational rehabilitation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of special education and vocational rehabilitation.
- Excellent understanding of parent/professional partnerships and ability to model those skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as, presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team and have good sense of humor.
- Must be able to travel throughout the state, maintain a flexible schedule, and be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability to travel statewide, is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter by mail to: FCSN Human Resources, The Schrafft Center, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This is a part-time position, 20-30 hours weekly (to be determined) with eligibility for partial benefits in accordance with FCSN policies.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, FCSN is also committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. We welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!