Project Manager Mass Family Voices (MFV)
Part-time position – 32-40 hours (Part-time or Full-time and Benefits eligible position)
Our Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families, as well as, encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
The Mass Family Voices Manager oversees the development and implementation of the Family-to-Family Health Information Center (F2F) and other related grants. The manager maintains the quality of project activities and ensures compliance with federal and other project requirements. The Project Manager also is responsible for all MA Family Voices affiliate activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- In collaboration with the Associate Executive Director, is the primary liaison with a funding source and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Provides general oversight of all project activities to ensure high-quality service and the achievement of project goals.
- Oversees project evaluation plan.
- Maintains liaison with other stakeholders and collaborative agencies to encourage public awareness of the work of FCSN and serves on relevant advisory boards, coalitions, and committees.
- Serves as primary contact with Family Voices.
- Collaborates with the Associate Executive Director to monitor monthly budget and actual activity and maintain overall project spending within budgetary guidelines.
- Records activities in the FCSN database and is responsible for generating reports.
- Provide individualized, culturally, and linguistically competent technical assistance to families and professionals collaborating with other FCSN staff and cultural brokers.
- Organize training as outlined in the project work plan.
- Provide universal assistance through newsletter articles, website, Facebook Live, and other social media.
- Promote the process of health care transition so youth can achieve independent health care skills and be prepared for an adult model of care and transfer to new providers.
- Provide leadership support to Visions of Community conference.
- Participate in relevant committees and teams.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be a parent of a child with a disability or particular health need.
- Experience providing information and support for families of children with disability.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to travel within the State and attend required meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of three to five years of successful programmatic experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with families of children with special health needs.
- Working knowledge of current health programs, policies, and insurance.
Please Note: This is a full or part-time position, 32-40 hours per week and is eligible for employee benefits as outlined in FCSN personnel policies.
Send your resume and cover letter by email to FCSN at email@example.com; or by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs, Attn: HR, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!