School Navigation Manager (Full-Time 40 hours or Part-Time 32 hours with benefits)
Our Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Statewide Family Engagement Initiatives at FCSN: FCSN works to build an equity-driven culture of family engagement, seeking family-led and co-created solutions to the challenges faced by historically marginalized children and youth. Our programs strengthen the capacities of families, educators, healthcare providers and child development professionals to build layers of support that help young people thrive.
Job Summary: Under the guidance of the Special Projects Manager, the School Navigation Manager oversees and contributes to a five-person team of bilingual staff members who answer a statewide hotline and perform outreach aimed at increasing parent/caregiver awareness of educational options including career and technical education.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee a multi-lingual team representing the following language groups: Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Mandarin Chinese, and Vietnamese.
- Supervise four part-time School Navigators, including scheduling and arranging backup for the hotline.
- Organize and facilitate weekly School Navigation team meetings.
- Respond to School Navigation calls in English and a second language for 10 hours per Hotline hours will include evening hours and may include weekend hours.
- Ensure that messages left on the project voicemail are responded to within 1 business day by a member of the School Navigation team.
- Oversee updates to project resources, ensuring that families have accurate and up-to-date information.
- Implement a comprehensive outreach plan to promote the hotline and other School Navigation Resources with community-based family-serving agencies, family-led groups, and schools including Career and Technical Education (CTE) schools. This includes scheduling and coordinating the Navigation Team and directly participating in presentations and other outreach Outreach will take place both virtually and in person, largely focusing on communities outside of the city of Boston.
- Collaborate with the Special Projects Manager on training and ongoing professional development for the School Navigation team.
- Manage the project budget, track expenses, and submit financial paperwork to the finance department.
- Perform data entry to document presentations and direct communication with families and monitor data entry by School Navigators.
- Participate in and support the annual FCSN Visions of Community conference.
- Participate on a One Federation team and required supervision and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual in English and one of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Mandarin Chinese, or Vietnamese.
- Ability to work a consistent, hybrid schedule that includes early evenings and possible weekend hours as well as in-person work at the FCSN offices at the Schrafft Center in Charlestown, MA
- Access to transportation and ability to travel for in-person meetings and
- Experience providing information and support for families.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to perform and teach relevant computer technologies including database, videoconferencing, email, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Word.
- Minimum of three years of experience coordinating projects or programs.
- Basic knowledge of public education and willingness to learn more.
*Please Note: This is a full-time (40 hours) or part-time (32 hours) position eligible for employee benefits as outlined in FCSN personnel policies. This program is grant funded and continuation of the program will be dependent on continuation of our 1-year grant.
Send your resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs, Attn: HR, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!