Senior Trainer / Coordinator of Statewide Training
Parent Training and Information Center
Part-Time Position (32 hours)
Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families, and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Job Summary: Responsible for developing, overseeing, and providing training on special education laws, procedures, and related issues to families, youth with disabilities (YWD), and the professionals with whom they work statewide. This position reports to Project Director, PTIC.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop curricula and workshops for parents, professionals, and YWD on special education laws, procedures, and related topics and present workshops
- Develop and implement 4 annual webinars based on grant requirements and training needs
- Develop curricula, coordinate, and facilitate Parent Consultant Training Institutes (PCTI)
- Develop curricula, training materials, and present workshops for PCTI
- Provide support, assistance and mentorship for PCTI interns during internship
- Oversee all PTIC training activities
- Develop and send annual training needs survey for workshop trainers and new PCTI graduates to ascertain training needs
- Provide 4 annual professional development Network Series statewide
- Compile, draft, and send 4 annual news journals to PCTI graduates via listserv
- Conduct annual Training of Trainers for consultant workshop trainers
- Record, compile, and report grant required data
- Develop knowledge of topics related to parent/student requests through continuing education, workshop attendance, personal contacts, Federation resources, the Internet, and other
- professional development opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with PTIC and other staff on Federation wide projects, including the Visions of Community Conference
- Participate in PTIC and Federation staff meetings and activities
- Perform other tasks assigned by Project Director
- Bachelor’s Degree and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of special education laws and procedures.
- Teaching skills and experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to periodically travel in-state.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficient computer skills including use of e-mail, internet, and willingness to learn data entry program.
To Apply: Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Federation for Children with Special Needs, The Schrafft Center, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129.
Please Note: This position is part-time, 32 hours per week and is eligible for all employee benefits as determined by FCSN policies.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!