Senior Training Specialist and Family Engagement Manager
(Full-time/Hybrid Remote positions)
The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
As a Training Specialist, you’ll play a pivotal role in providing training, technical assistance, and outreach activities to families and professionals, promoting family engagement. Reporting directly to a Federation Project Director, you’ll contribute to our mission by facilitating impactful training programs and strengthening partnerships within our community. As the Family Engagement Manager, you will supervise and support family engagement staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the Strengthening Partnerships Train the Trainer series multiple times a year.
- Offer continuous support to Strengthening Partnerships Trainers through a collaborative online platform.
- Deliver comprehensive training sessions on the new IEP form and process to families and educators.
- Provide technical assistance to families and educators on the new IEP form and other special education topics.
- Develop and deliver other Federation trainings and workshops as needed. These offerings are both family and professional facing.
- Engage in evaluation initiatives aimed at enhancing training quality and participant satisfaction. Ensure completion and return of materials and evaluations.
- Provide supervision and support to family engagement staff.
- Foster effective and timely communication with FCSN staff, families, professionals, and others seeking insights on family and community engagement.
- Maintain accurate records of families, schools, and communities served. Provide regular activity reports and updates, adhering to documentation requirements for training, technical assistance, and outreach.
- Participate in regular meetings with family engagement colleagues and supervisors, as well as wider Federation staff meetings and projects.
- Contribute to project planning, performance assessment, and evaluation processes.
- Cultivate expertise in subjects related to training demands through continuous learning, attending workshops, networking, utilizing Federation resources, online research, and professional development opportunities.
- Collaborate with Federation colleagues in support of organizational goals. Work in collaboratively with other teams on projects including the Visions of Community Conference and the One Federation Training Team.
- Undertake additional assignments and responsibilities as directed by your supervisor.
- Experience and familiarity with working closely with diverse families, educators, and administrators to deliver high-quality training.
- Strong grasp of state and federal educational laws, regulations, programs, and policies affecting students, families, educators, schools, and districts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering presentations, webinars, and adult training.
- Proficiency in facilitating group interactions and fostering positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Capability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in PC-based computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, email, and internet usage.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel across the state.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to FCSN Human Resources by email to: email@example.com Or by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs, Attn: HR, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!