Our Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families, as well as, encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Job responsibilities include General Ledger, A/P A/R, Reconciliations, Cash receipts/credit card processing, Assist with Payroll and HR benefits, Assist with monthly grant maintenance and billing. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Director of Finance and serve as backup for maintenance of multiple federal, state, and private grants. Serve as backup for payroll processing and in the absence of the Director of Finance.
- Accounts payable. Review for accuracy, proper documentation, code, post, and proactively identify missing or duplicate invoices. Reconcile accounts payable monthly.
- Process account receivable invoices. Process receipts including electronic and credit card transactions.
- Manage general ledger, account reconciliation, and monthly bank reconciliation. Prepare month-end close journal entries. Reconcile liabilities for benefit withholding accounts.
- Assist with; developing new or updated financial policies and procedures, annual audit, annual preparation of federal indirect rate proposal, and financial statement review.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to pay employee benefit invoices and ensure employee reimbursements are accurate.
- Meet regularly with supervisor/team and work collaboratively with all staff. Participates in Federation staff meetings and Visions of Community Conference (VOC).
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Flexible, adaptable to change, and takes initiative.
- Able to work remotely or in the office.
Send your resume and cover letter to FCSN Human Resources by email to: email@example.com; or by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs, Attn: HR, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!