Outreach and Recruitment Specialist
Outreach and Recruitment Specialist (RTSC) Part-Time – 20 hours week with pro-rated benefits
Overview: The Recruitment, Training and Support Center (RTSC) for Special Education Surrogate Parents at the Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) is seeking an Outreach and Recruitment Specialist to conduct a variety of outreach and recruitment activities and to support potential volunteers through the application process of becoming Special Education Surrogate Parents. Recruits, trains and provides technical assistance to volunteers to become special education decision-makers for eligible students (in-state custody and receive special education services). For more information, visit our web site at https://fcsn.org/rtsc/
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
• Utilize marketing strategies. Conduct presentations to community groups to publicize opportunities for training and service as a SESP.
• Attend resource fairs, conferences and other events working as a Federation ambassador to inform families of FCSN resources while recruiting for SESP volunteers
• Provide follow up to potential recruits
• Assist in providing SESP orientation & Developmental Trauma training
• Coordinate recruitment opportunities and trainings with Local Educational Agencies, Collaborative and other Community Agencies
• Provide outreach to community and organizations in high need communities
• Evaluate recruitment data in terms of efficiency, efficacy, and outcomes
• Record recruitment, outreach, and training activities into the various database systems
• Participate in meetings with RTSC Program Director, project staff meetings, and quarterly Federation All Staff meetings
• Other duties and responsibilities as requested by RTSC Program Director
• Bachelor’s degree in education, communications, marketing or related field. Work experience may be substituted for part of the education requirement
• Work experience in recruiting employees or volunteers for service-related positions
• Knowledge of special education and foster care preferred
• Experience in conducting presentations to adults. Experience as a SESP preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Massachusetts license and access to a vehicle
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com or apply by mail to; Federation for Children with Special Needs, The Schrafft Center, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!