Transition Projects Manager
The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
The Transition Projects Manager is responsible for programs, trainings, technical assistance and other supports for transition-aged youth with disabilities (YWD), their families and the professionals who serve them.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assisting with the state, federal, and private grants and reporting requirements for transition projects.
- Providing accurate information on postsecondary transition and related topics in a timely manner to YWD, parents, school professionals and other professional partners.
- Working collaboratively, attending meetings, and representing FCSN with local, state, and national transition partners.
- Developing contacts with vocational rehabilitation agencies and organizations, independent living centers, and other organizations serving transition aged youth.
- Creating, conducting, and coordinating in-person and on-line trainings, social media events, conferences and webinars on topics pertaining to transition.
- Participating in planning and facilitating events for transition-aged youth and their families.
- Assisting with recruitment of Next-Gen program participants.
- Writing educational materials, brochures, and FAQs on topics related to transition.
- Promoting transition issues on FCSN website and social media.
- Supporting transition-related youth and family groups in partnership with other non-profit organizations.
- Managing data collection of transition contacts and events.
- Working collaboratively with other Federation projects, including facilitating youth activities at our annual VOC Conference.
- Continuously improving personal knowledge of transition topics through exploration of research, personal contacts, and electronic resources.
- Performing other tasks and assuming other responsibilities as assigned.
- Understanding of Vocational Rehabilitation and postsecondary transition issues.
- Experience running a project.
- Commitment to fostering partnerships among individuals with disabilities, their families, schools and state/professional/community organizations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with YWD.
- Ability to communicate in writing articulately, judiciously, and with tact.
- Strong working knowledge of the special education process.
- Excellent oral presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in fast-paced environment.
- Good sense of humor.
- Proficient PC-based computer skills including use of databases, Microsoft Office, and Zoom.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience required.
Supervisor: Director of Transition Projects
Please email your letter of interest and resume to FCSN Human Resources by email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Or by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs, Attn: HR, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!