Transition Support Coordinator – Part time 32 hours
Summary: This position provides family support, information, technical assistance, and training to parents of children with special needs, students with disabilities and their professional partners. Coordinate with MRC area offices to support families and youth and provide transition related trainings across the state. Coordinate with other FCSN projects to provide support on transition issues. This position reports to the Federation’s Transition Manager.
- Provide accurate information and referrals on transition and related topics in a timely manner to youth with disabilities, their families, and the professionals, with whom they work, including underserved and unserved families, communities, and the organizations which serve them.
- Support families and youth with transition planning and connecting to resources around employment, benefits, and independent living.
- Provide resources and training to support MRC staff, other professionals in the transition field and Federation staff.
- Conduct outreach to underserved and unserved families, youth, communities, and the organizations which serve them.
- Coordinate as appropriate with the FCSN outreach team.
- Promote awareness of the project.
- Maintain data regarding youth and family support contacts, activities and events, and report to MRC staff as requested.
- Develop a personal knowledge of transition-related topics and best practices and be an in-house expert on transition matters.
- Work with Federation staff in support of agency.
- Participate in project staff meetings, staff-development activities, Federation staff meetings and events, including the Federation’s annual Visions of Community conference.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to work collaboratively with parents, students and young adults, as well as a variety of agencies, service providers and professional organizations on issues related to special education and vocational rehabilitation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of special education and vocational rehabilitation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team and have good sense of humor.
- Driver’s license and ability to travel statewide is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience may be substituted for educational preparation.
Please Note: This is a part-time position (32) hours per week. In accordance with Federation policies, this position is eligible for employee benefits. Due to the pandemic, Federation staff are currently working remotely. Upon our return to the office, the Federation’s Flextime and Telecommute policy will be in effect.
Send your resume and cover letter by email to the Federation’s Human Resources at email@example.com or by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs, Attn:Human Resources, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129.
Parents of children with special needs or young adults with special needs are welcome to apply!
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!