Senior Training Specialist / Family and Community Engagement Center (FACET)
The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families, and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
The Family and Community Engagement Team (FACET), is a program of the Federation’s Family and Community Engagement Center that partners with districts and schools, across, Massachusetts, to improve student achievement by strengthening family and community engagement practices.
Responsible for developing and providing training, technical assistance and outreach activities to families and professionals to support family engagement and literacy that ensures student success and meets the requirements of FACET. This position reports to the Director of Family and Community Engagement
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with FACET team to develop and implement project activities.
• Collaborate with partners to provide agreed upon training, webinars, technical assistance, related materials and outreach to professionals and families.
• Conduct outreach activities to families, parent leaders, schools, early childhood programs, and community organizations
• Participate in evaluation activities designed to improve the quality of trainings and increase participants’ satisfaction. Ensure materials and evaluations of training activities are completed and returned to FACET
• Contribute to the development of training and outreach materials.
• Provide effective and timely communication to FCSN staff, families, professionals and others inquiring about FACET, family and community engagement, literacy and other related topics.
• Maintain accurate and complete information on families, schools, and communities served.
• Provide reports and updates on all activities and complete required documentation of training, technical assistance and outreach activities.
• Meet regularly with FACET supervisor. Participate in FACET and Federation staff meetings and activities.
• Develop knowledge of topics related to training requests through continuing education, workshop attendance, personal contacts, Federation resources, the Internet, and other professional development opportunities.
• Work with Federation staff in support of the agency, as needed. Work collaboratively with SFEC and other staff on Federation wide projects, including the Visions of Community Conference.
• Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree required.
• Knowledge of and experience working with families, including diverse families, educators and administrators in providing high quality training on family engagement and literacy.
• Working knowledge of state and federal educational laws and regulations, programs, and policies that affect students, families, educators, schools, early childhood programs and districts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience providing presentations, webinars and training to adults.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to facilitate group interactions.
• Able to meet designated deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient in PC-based computer skills, including use of email, Internet, and Microsoft Office.
• Driver’s license and ability to travel throughout the state.
• Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter to FCSN Human Resources at email@example.com or, apply by mail to; Federation for Children with Special Needs, The Schrafft Center, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129.
Please Note: This position is part-time, 16-30 hours per week and is eligible for employee benefits as determined by FCSN policies.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!