Transition Projects Director (30-40 hours)
This position is responsible for programs, trainings, technical assistance and other supports for transition-aged youth with disabilities (YWD), their families and the professionals who serve them.
- Manage state and federal grants and reporting requirements for transition projects.
- Provide accurate information on postsecondary transition and related topics in a timely manner to YWD, parents, school professionals and other professional partners.
- Work collaboratively and attend meetings with local, state, and national transition partners.
- Create, conduct, and coordinate in-person and on-line trainings, social media events, conferences and webinars on topics pertaining to
- Supervise the transition specialist working with MRC area offices to support youth/families.
- Write educational materials, brochures, and FAQs on topics related to transition
- Promote transition issues on FCSN website and social media
- Support transition-related youth and family groups in partnership with Easterseals.
- Manage data collection of transition contacts and events.
- Work collaboratively with other Federation projects, including oversee youth activities at our annual VOC Conference.
- Represent FCSN on local, state, and national coalitions and partnerships.
- Continuously improve personal knowledge of transition topics through exploration of research, personal contacts, and electronic
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned.
- Understanding of VR and postsecondary transition issues.
- Experience running a project.
- Commitment to fostering partnerships among individuals with disabilities, their families, schools and state/professional/community
- Ability to work collaboratively with YWD.
- Ability to communicate in writing articulately, judiciously, and with
- Strong working knowledge of the special education
- Excellent oral presentation and organizational
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in fast-paced
- Good sense of
- Proficient PC-based computer skills including use of databases, Microsoft Office, and Zoom.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Supervisor: Executive Director
The Federation for Children with Special Needs |The Schrafft Center | 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3 | Boston, MA | 02129
We welcome parents and persons with special needs to apply. The Federation is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation.