Keep Expectations High for Student Success!
Massachusetts needs to hear from you as we set our targets for special education.
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requires each state to submit a state performance plan/annual performance report (SPP/APR) to the federal government.
Periodically, Massachusetts is required to set new targets for the SPP/APR’s performance indicators.
DESE and the Federation for Children with Special Needs are co-hosting a series of virtual meetings so that families can give feedback on DESE’s proposed targets.
You are invited to join us from 5 – 6 PM on these dates (each session will take place 5:00PM – 6:00PM):
November 30 – Preschool Skills
- Indicator 7 – Preschool Outcomes (ages 3-5): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANRb6Ow9Ke0&list=PLoxXvZyVuP_aTKq7YE1uZlRo1hNdWUIvh&index=8
December 1 – High School and Beyond
- Indicator 1 – Graduation Rates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JNKQlRjX5Y
- Indicator 2 – Dropout Rate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sa-ZjS-bwg
- Indicator 14 – Post School Outcomes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2DAg2XoLM
December 3 – Statewide Assessment
- Indicator 3- Statewide Assessment of Students with IEPs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGvW52fmjYQ
December 8 – Parent Involvement
- Indicator 8 – Parent Involvement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYCviAy44Rg
December 10 – Student Placements for Ages 3- 22
- Indicator 5 – Education Environment (ages 5-21): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Hjif-Or34
- Indicator 6 – Education Settings (ages 3-5): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO51R6mFnAU
To maximize student success, families, schools, and communities must work as a team. Our partners at DESE are committed to tapping into the insights of parents and caregivers. We hope you can join us!
For more information, please watch these videos, which will be reviewed at each session