- This event has passed.
Basic Rights: Evaluation and Eligibility – Ayer-Shirley *New Location*
November 7 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
*This workshop has been moved from the Parker Hill School to the Ayer Shirley Regional Middle School and will be held in the library.
A comprehensive introduction to special education laws and procedure:
- purpose of the law,
- when and how to make a referral,
- the Team meeting process,
- standards for determining eligibility,
- services and placement,
- what to do if the team decides the student is not eligible,
- what happens after the close of the Team meeting,
- parent’s response options to an IEP, and
- procedural due process rights for resolving disputes.