- This event has passed.
Basic Rights: Evaluation and Eligibility –– Weston *NEW LOCATION*
January 15, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
This workshop has been moved. It will no longer be held at the Weston Public Library. The new location is Weston High School and the workshop will be presented in the media center.
A comprehensive introduction to special education laws and procedure:
- purpose of the law,
- when and how to make a referral,
- the Team meeting process,
- standards for determining eligibility,
- services and placement,
- what to do if the team decides the student is not eligible,
- what happens after the close of the Team meeting,
- parent’s response options to an IEP, and
- procedural due process rights for resolving disputes.