Through a grant provided by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, FACET is able to offer free, on-demand training for public school educators, administrators, social workers, and other school personnel, based on school needs and availability.*
Professional Development Courses
- Engaging Families provides strategies to increase parent engagement in the educational process, both at school and in the home.
- Supporting Families of Children with Disabilities modules examine how to support families of young children with special needs.
- Supporting Diverse Families workshops assist educators in serving the specific needs of families with limited English proficiency, including modules to boost cultural competence.
Three-credit Graduate Courses
These courses are offered to public school educators free of charge, with three graduate credits available from Fitchburg State for $285. Those who complete the course are eligible for a $100 stipend.
- Positive Solutions for Families: Train the Trainer
- Partnering with Families of Young Children Transitioning to Public Pre-K and Kindergarten
* non-public school programs are encouraged to contact FACET for family workshop fees.