Through a grant provided by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, FACET is able to offer free, on-demand training for public school educators, administrators, social workers, and other school personnel, based on school needs and availability.*
Professional Development Courses
- Positive Solutions for Families: Train the Trainer: provides strategies to partner with parents of preschoolers to promote positive and effective parenting skills.
- Partnering with Families of Young Children Transitioning to Public Pre-K and Kindergarten: explores tactics to foster partnerships between families and early childhood professionals to support young children during the transition from early intervention services into the public school system.
- Engaging Families: provides strategies to increase parent engagement in the educational process, both at school and in the home.
- Supporting Families of Children with Disabilities: these modules examine how best to support families of young children with special needs.
- Supporting Diverse Families: workshops to assist educators in serving the specific needs of families with limited English proficiency, including modules to boost cultural competence.
* non-public school programs are encouraged to contact FACET for professional development workshop fees.