Positive Solutions for Families: 10-hour Workshop Series
Positive Solutions for Families: Train the Trainer provides skills and tactics to help professionals to implement Positive Solutions for Families in their school districts. Professionals will learn how to partner with parents of preschoolers to promote positive and effective parenting strategies. Positive Solutions for Families aligns with Massachusetts’ priority to enhance family and community engagement.
On April 10 and 11, 2018, the Federation will host this 10-hour workshop at our Boston office. This training is free of charge and available to public school employees and their community partners. Please click here to register. You may also download a printable PDF or a share-able PNG of the flyer, if you would like to help us spread the word!
Topics for the ten-hour Positive Solutions Train the Trainer Workshop Series include:
- strategies for training families and colleagues in the Positive Solutions for Families modules;
- practical strategies to make the modules interesting and engaging for families;
- positive and effective parenting strategies and activities to support social emotional development;
- awareness and responsiveness to diverse needs of families, especially around child rearing and discipline;
- challenges of parenting and common pitfalls encountered by families; and
- the development of a plan to implement Positive Solutions for Families.
To schedule a session on Positive Solutions for Families: Train the Trainer, or for technical assistance on implementation, please email Marilyn Favreau, Director of Professional Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-399-8344.