Positive Solutions for Families: Train the Trainer
Positive Solutions for Families is a framework that provides families with information on promoting social and emotional skills using positive approaches that help their young children learn appropriate behavior. Positive Solutions for Families: Train the Trainer aligns with Massachusetts’ priority to enhance family and community engagement, and offers skills and strategies to help professionals implement Positive Solutions for Families in their districts.
Spring 2019 Positive Solutions for Families: Train the Trainer workshop:
- May 21 & 22 from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm at the Federation’s offices in Boston, MA.
- June 10 & 11 from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm at the Clarke School for Hearing and Speech, Northampton, MA.
This training is free of charge and open to PUBLIC SCHOOL PERSONNEL and their community partners. Because of the requirements of the grant that funds this training, community partners must attend with Massachusetts public school personnel as a member of their team. As part of the implementation of Positive Solutions, public schools and their community partners plan implementation strategies together. PDP and CEU credits are available!
- Strategies for training families and colleagues in the Positive Solutions for Families modules;
- practical strategies to make the modules interesting and engaging for families;
- positive and effective parenting strategies and activities to support social-emotional development;
- awareness and responsiveness to diverse needs of families, especially around child rearing and discipline;
- challenges of parenting and common pitfalls encountered by families; and
- the development of a plan to implement Positive Solutions for Families.
To schedule a session on Positive Solutions for Families: Train the Trainer, or for technical assistance on implementation, please email Karen Harris (Director of Family and Community Engagement Team (FACET), at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-399-8347