We can’t wait to see you at our 2023 Gala, “On the Shoulders of Giants!” Following are some event details and frequently asked questions. If you have any further questions or requests, please contact email@example.com. See you on September 9th!
Date: September 9, 2023
Location: The Newton Marriott
6pm: Doors Open
Open Bar Opens
In-Person Auction Bidding Begins
Spin the Wheel – Win A Prize
Enter our Raffle
Dinner Buffet Opens
Dinner Buffet Closes and Program Begins
8:30 pm (estimated)
Raffle Winner Announced
Music & Dancing
As you enter the hotel garage, please take your ticket and bring it into the event with you. The hotel will provide validation and parking will be free for the night.
During the Silent Auction portion of the evening, guests are invited to eat dinner and enjoy our fun games of chance.
For $20, earn a chance to win one half of the raffle proceeds. The other half of the raffle proceeds will benefit the life-changing programs of the Federation for Children with Special Needs.
- You can purchase raffle tickets online. You do not need to be present to participate.
- Tickets may also be purchased during the event, using credit card, cash, or check.
- To enter, your name and phone number must be written onto a raffle ticket and placed in the Raffle collection jar. (We will do this for ticket purchasers who are not present).
- Raffle winners will be announced at the end of the evening’s presentations, at around 8:30 pm.
- We will mail the winner a check after the event.
Spin a while to win prizes! Each $20 ticket is guaranteed to win a prize. Guests will spin a large wheel, which will determine your prize. Options include:
- Gift Certificates
- Bottle of Wine
- “Giant” stuffed animal, game, or toy
To Register Your Credit Card, go to our Auction Website and click the blue “Get Started” button.
There are several benefits to registering your credit card in advance:
- Registering your credit card online will allow you to skip the line when you arrive
- Without a credit card saved in our Greater Giving system, you will not be able to bid in our Silent Auction
- You will, however, be able to make donations, purchase tickets for our 50/50 raffle, and play our spinner game by paying check or cash
Once you are registered, you can start bidding in our Silent Auction right away, even before the event opens.
We understand that many guests may have concerns about cybersecurity, especially when asked to share your credit card information. Following are the security features in place to keep your private financial information safe:
- When you register your credit card for this event, it is stored by our third-party events vendor, Greater Giving
- Greater Giving uses Level-1 Encryption to secure your private information
- No record of your credit card information will be retained. Greater Giving deletes your credit card information after the event takes place.
- FCSN personnel never have access to your credit card information
We are serving a buffet between 6:15 – 8pm, with beverages including coffee and tea available throughout the event. Individuals with dietary needs: Please review the buffet menu below to determine if your needs will be met with this menu. If you have an allergy or celiac disease, you may request that a plate be prepared for you in advance to prevent the risk of cross-contamination once the buffet is open. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your allergy-specific needs by September 7, 2023.
Fresh Chef Crafted Soup
Freshly Baked Rolls
with Sweet Butter
Chopped Cobb Salad
With Romaine, Iceberg, Blue Cheese, Hard Cooked Egg, Sweet Tomatoes, Avocado,
Smoked Bacon and Cucumber with Blue Cheese Dressing
Set Market Style
Green Bean, Shaved Fennel, Heirloom Tomato and Fresh Herb Salad
Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
Locally Grown Seasonal Vegetables
Spinach and Garlic Tortellini
Spinach Greens, Artichokes, and Vine Tomatoes with a Fresh Basil Cream Sauce
Maple Glazed Grilled Salmon with Fresh Herbs
Herb Grilled Chicken with Roasted Tomato,
Fennel, and Fresh Herb Relish
Big Cookies will be plated and served before the program begins (8pm)
Freshly Brewed Seattle’s Best® Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee
and Tazo® Premium Teas
We are offering an Open Bar for this event. Donations in lieu of drink tickets are warmly welcomed – see the auction site and bid on “Fund-A-Need.” Guests may enjoy a selection of:
Mixed Drinks or Mocktails
Domestic or Imported Beer
Red or White Wine
We hope that all guests will feel comfortable and have fun at this event!
Guests typically choose attire ranging from business casual to cocktail attire. We also encourage guests to consider ways to incorporate the “Giants” theme.