Brown Bag Lunch Series
Through the Brown Bag Lunch Series, the Federation provides the following workshops:
- Helping You Access Resources for Your Child with Special Needs – This workshop provides an introduction to the resources offered by the Federation and a brief overview of our most popular Federation workshop topics including:
- Understanding your Basic Rights
- IEP planning and implementation
- Transition planning
- Basic Rights – This workshop provides families with an introduction to their rights and responsibilities under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Massachusetts Special Education Law and the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA).
- An IEP for My Child – This workshop takes parents step-by-step through IEP development, including how to articulate a vision, using evaluations to write measurable goals, and measuring their child’s progress.
- Transition Planning – This workshop addresses effective use of the IEP and the Massachusetts Transition Planning Form for students who are ages 14 – 22.
- Let’s Get Organized – Parents of children with special needs manage busy lives and often lots of paperwork. This workshop helps parents work with their own strengths and successes, providing concrete written materials to strengthen their organizational skills.
- Summer Fun – Explore summer planning options for your child with special needs.
- Talk With a Federation Expert – Bring your questions about special education and your lunch for an informal Q&A with the Federation’s Parent Training and Information Project Director. Pick up valuable resources!
Workshops can be adapted to fit a time frame ranging from 45 minutes to 1 ½ hours in length, and are presented by trained Federation staff. Each workshop includes a short overview of the work of the Federation and time for Q&A.
To schedule a workshop, or a series of workshops, please contact:
Director of Development
By phone: 617-236-7210 x 374
By email: email@example.com