Here are some helpful tips on how to schedule and host one of our workshops.
- You need time to advertise and allow people to “Save the Date”.
- Is there a neighboring SEPAC who wants to co-host?
- Check your school district calendar to avoid major conflicts.
- Choose both a preferred date and an alternative date specific to each workshop request.
- Determine a two-hour timeframe that best works for your audience.
ARRANGE FOR PAYMENT
- Most PTI workshops are $400. Please work with your school district to see if they need to create a purchase order for your workshop, and if so, email the purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check with MassPAC about your SEPAC’s current level of membership – email@example.com.
- A MassPAC membership entitles a District/SEPAC to one Basic Rights workshop at no cost.
- MassPAC members have the option to purchase one additional PTI workshop at half-price or $200.
REQUEST A WORKSHOP
- Use FCSN’s online system (Link is below).
- We are holding virtual workshops Monday-Thursday. Dates no longer available are posted on the workshop request page.
- Please allow at least one months’ time between the request and the requested workshop dates.
- Once we have a presenter, confirmation of the workshop will be sent with workshop materials. This process can take up to 2 weeks. We kindly ask that you keep this in mind when requesting your dates. If you submit a request with less than a month’s time then we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find a presenter for your preferred date.
ACTIVELY PROMOTE AND SHARE THE WORKSHOP FLYER
- Add your SEPAC contact information to our workshop flyer and publicize the workshop.
- Invite parents, local neighboring SEPACs, your special education administrator, and other educators.
- Click here for our workshop request form!
Leslie M. Leslie
PTIC Workshop Coordinator