If continuing education after high school is a part of a youth’s vision here are some useful resources to help with options for college programs, how to advocate for supports, and how to prepare for post-secondary success.
Want to learn more about post-secondary options?
1. Look at this list of questions to consider when figuring out what college will be a good fit for a youth with a disability.
2. Explore Going to College a website helps youth think through living a college life with a disability.
3. Visit Think College an online resource for post-secondary education.
4. Learn more about the Inclusive Concurrent Enrollment in Massachusetts a college-school partnership to support eligible public high school students with intellectual disabilities, ages 18-22, to increase their academic and career success by being included in a college or university community of learners.
5. Check out this great video that talks about inclusive higher education options for high school students with intellectual, developmental, or significant learning disabilities.