Increase Your Knowledge
Being a lifelong learner is an important part of being an effective leader. Here are resources to help you keep learning and growing.
Setting Goals: Planning and Tracking Success
When planning how to achieve a goal, this tool will help you define what success looks like, plan strategies to move closer to the goal, and track progress over time.
Learn with the Federation!
- Parent Consultant Training Institute: 40-50 hour training program designed to provide parents and professionals with a strong foundation in special education laws, policies and procedures. Learn from experts in the field and become part of a community dedicated to supporting children in special education.
- Planning a life – Two-day transition conference designed to provide parents and professionals with skills and information necessary to support transition age youth as they prepare for full, productive lives during and after high school.
- Become a Special Education Surrogate Parent – Parent Special Education Decision-Maker Orientation
- Attend free FCSN presentations – FCSN hosts free virtual presentations weekly on special education topics
Where to Look for Answers/Empowering Questions
School and District Data
Find out more about your school, district or state so you can participate in systems level discussions and promote educational equity for all.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- A Parent’s Guide to Special Education
- Federal and State Special Education Laws
- Common Acronyms in Special Education
- Center for Parent Information and Resources
- Discipline and Suspension
Multicultural & Multilingual Resources
- English Learner Education
- Haitian Creole