How to Schedule and Host a FCSN/PTIC Workshop
Here are some helpful tips on how to schedule and host one of our workshops.
- PLAN AHEAD!
- You need time to advertise and allow people to “Save the Date”.
- Is there a neighboring SEPAC who wants to co-host?
- ARRANGE LOGISTICS
- Check your school district calendar to avoid major conflicts.
- Choose both a preferred date and an alternative date specific for each workshop request.
- Determine a two-hour timeframe that best works for your audience.
- Place a 3 hour room reserve on your location for the workshop.
- ARRANGE FOR PAYMENT
- Most PTI workshops are $300. Please work with your school district to see if they need to create a purchase order for your workshop, and if so, email the purchase order to email@example.com.
- Check with MassPAC about your SEPAC’s current level of membership – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A MassPAC PLUS level of membership entitles a District/SEPAC to one Basic Rights workshop at no cost.
- MassPAC PLUS members have the option to purchase one additional PTI workshop at half-price or $150.
- REQUEST A WORKSHOP
- Use FCSN’s online system (Link is below).
- Please allow at least two months’ time between the request and the requested workshop dates.
- Once we have a presenter, a confirmation of the workshop will be sent with workshop materials. This process can take up to 2 weeks. We kindly ask that you keep this in mind when requesting your dates. If you submit a request with less than a month’s time then we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find a presenter for your preferred date.
- ACTIVELY PROMOTE AND SHARE THE WORKSHOP FLYER
- Add your SEPAC contact information to our workshop flyer and publicize the workshop.
- Invite parents, local neighboring SEPACs, your special education administrator, and other educators.
- CONTACT THE PRESENTER
- One week prior to the workshop, confirm details including location and equipment needs.
- Please copy in Kristin LaRose in your email to the presenter (email@example.com).
- SET UP FOR THE WORKSHOP
- Arrive early to allow presenter to get connected to the equipment.
- Print enough copies of the workshop handout, evaluation and demographic forms.
- Stay after to clean up and secure room/equipment.
- RETURN FORMS to FCSN
- Gather the completed Evaluation and Demographic forms and give to presenter.
Leslie M. Leslie
PTIC Workshop Coordinator