- Interview skills
- Issue identification
- Documentation of calls
- Dealing with challenging calls
- Orientation to our Call Center intake system
Interns are scheduled to provide 25 hours of assistance and learning in our Call Center.
The Pro Bono Internship, available to most participants who complete the Call Center Internship, provides an opportunity to practice the following skills:
- Reviewing IEPs and related documentation
- Working directly with parents to help them determine their child’s needs at school
- Assisting parents in communicating those needs effectively
- Documenting work done with parents
Pro Bono Interns are assigned to provide 25 hours of free special education advocacy to parents. Interns are mentored by Federation staff.
Participants who complete both PCTI Internships receive a Certificate of Completion. Some professionals have been granted Professional Development Points (PDP) from their school districts. Participants must pursue this request directly with their school district.
July 31, 2020 Update
As a result of the current pandemic, the Federation has placed our PCTI Internship temporarily on hold. Additional details about upcoming internships for the 2020 – 2021 school year are forthcoming. Please check back for details.