Date(s) - 05/09/2019
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Please note special requirements for this virtual orientation. To facilitate the process, please complete and submit your CORI in advance(click here) and mail to:
Federation for Children with Special Needs
RTSC Project – Confidential
The Schrafft Center
529 Main Street, Suite 1M3
Boston, MA 02129
Our Orientation Training
Special Education Surrogate Parents (SESPs) serve as appointed decision makers that have the legal authority of a parent or legal guardian to attend and participate in special education team meetings, approve or reject Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and if necessary, file complaints or appeals. On average, the time commitment is only 30-40 hours a year.
During this Orientation Training you will learn about the role of an SESP, how traumatic experiences can impact learning and how to incorporate the appropriate supports into the IEP.
Online Orientation Requirements:
This will be an engaging orientation in a virtual meeting room. Participants will have both audio and video of the presenter and other attendees and be able to ask questions as needed.
- A completed SESP application must be on file to participate in the online orientation. To access our online application, click here!
- A headset with a microphone (preferred but not required if participating from a quiet location)
- A working laptop or desktop Webcam
- Sign -in 15 minutes prior to the training start time to test audio and video
- Your CORI Form is required to be notarized by one of the following:
- RTSC notary
- SESPP employee (Westboro)
- EDCO Office (Bedford)
- Any authorized Massachusetts notary (fees may apply)
To book your registration, please leave the following information in the “comment” box below:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Please call Renee Williams (617-399-8311) with any questions.
Bookings are closed for this event.