Date(s) - 04/06/2019
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Recruitment, Training, and Support Center offers orientation trainings for parents, professionals, community members and others interested in becoming Special Education Surrogate Parents (SESPs). This training helps potential volunteers learn more about what is involved in becoming an SESP and the types of special education decision-making services that SESPs provide for students.
Participants of this orientation…
- Explore the important services SESPs provide for eligible students
- Become familiar with students eligible for SESPs and the impact of trauma on their lives
- Review educational processes that involve SESPs, such as IEP development, transition, and procedural safeguards
- Learn about the role of an SESP and the appointment process
- Identify the first steps an SESP takes when assigned a student
- Gain confidence in own skills and talents needed to become an effective SESP
- Become a member of a support network for SESPs at the Federation
To book your registration, please leave the following information in the “comment” box below:
Bookings are closed for this event.