Overview of Supports
The Recruitment, Training and Support Center and the Special Education Surrogate Parent Program are working together to provide ongoing case management and special education support to all SESP volunteers in order to assist you in successfully representing your student.
For any case management questions, concerning such issues as residential placement of the student or dealing with the DCF social worker for the student, the SESP should contact the SESP Program at (508) 792-7679
For any special education process questions, concerning such issues as timelines for IEPs or due process, the SESP should call the RTSC at (617) 399-8341, (413) 522-5968 in western Mass, or email email@example.com .
RTSC works to ensure that there are a variety of supports available to SESPs to assist you throughout your volunteer experience.
- The RTSC Training and Support Specialists are available to answer questions you might have throughout the duration of your appointment
- Call RTSC at (617) 399-8341 and ask for the RTSC Support Specialist
- Submit a question using the Online Support Form
- As an SESP, you have access to RTSC professional development opportunities designed with you in mind:
- Live and Archived Webinars and online trainings on related topic
- Consider This… monthly newsletter
- Annual Making a Difference conference with relevant topics and networking opportunities
- Resources on our website
- Special Events for SESPs
- As an SESP, you are also a member of the Federation family with a variety of trainings and professional development opportunities open to you:
- Workshops on a range of topics available through the PTI at the Federation
- Parent Consultant Training Institute
- Newsline with articles
- The Federation’s Annual Visions of Community conference