News & Happenings
Get to Know Us Through Upcoming Events!
Language & Cultural Access… With the School Finder Project
November 18 from 10-11am on Zoom
Schools and Organizations are warmly invited to join us for an interactive and engaging presentation on moving beyond translation to meaningful engagement with language-diverse families. Please register at the link, above.
Educational Options in Massachusetts, from Start to Finish
Sessions are Virtual – Registration Links coming soon…
- Monday, December 5 from 6-7 pm in Spanish
- Tuesday, December 6 from 6-7pm in Mandarin Chinese
- Thursday, December 8 from 6-7 pm in Haitian Creole
- Tuesday, December 13 from 6-7pm in Vietnamese
- Wednesday, December 14 from 6-7pm in Portuguese
- Thursday, December 15 from 6-7pm in English
CTE: What Students & Families Need To Know Videos
We are excited to share a video developed last year through the SOFE project. Videos are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Chinese and Vietnamese. Special thanks to Southeastern Regional Technical School and Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School for generously sharing video footage with us for this project!
Check Out our CTE Outreach Toolkit!
Our Career and Technical Education (CTE) family outreach toolkit was developed in response to focus groups, interviews, and surveys of language-diverse Massachusetts families that found that almost half of non-English speakers were unaware of Career and Technical Education. Learn more here >
The toolkit is available in full on our Massachusetts Statewide Family Engagement Center (MASFEC) website, or use the links below to explore a wealth of resources designed to welcome diverse language-speakers into career, vocational and technical education programs.
All materials are available in English, Haitian Creole, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese. You may distribute, print, modify, link, or reference our materials in any manner that will improve access to CTE.
- CTE Overviews: Printable and online resources responding to questions families ask
- CTE Videos: Approximately 5 minutes in length (depending on language), these videos provide an introduction to CTE with engaging images and video clips of students at work. Thank you to Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical School and Upper Cape Cod Technical School for allowing us to spotlight your students in our video!
- Outreach Flyers: Printable posters/flyers with links to templates that schools and organizations can customize with their own logos, photos or text.
- Social Media Posts: Downloadable social media graphics plus links to customizable templates for spreading the word about the opportunities available in CTE
- Translation Tools: including a translation glossary of terms commonly used in CTE in Massachusetts as well as tips and best practices for English speakers wishing to increase access through translation.