FCSN > SEPO > Range of Educational Placements > Other Placements

Other Placements

A child may also be referred by an agency and to settings other than public schools, including:

  • Department of Mental Health – can refer children to hospital psychiatric unit or residential treatment program
  • Department of Youth Service – can place student in a facility for committed or detained youth
  • Department of Public Health – can refer to the Massachusetts Hospital School
  • A medical doctor – can recommend a Hospital- or Home-based program