At the Federation, one way we inform, educate, and empower is through our variety of trainings, workshops, and conferences. In all our work, we aim to increase your ability to support the children in your life. You can attend a scheduled offering, view a previous program on our YouTube channel, or request a workshop for your community or organization.
Scheduled training events can be found on the FCSN calendar and include:
- 10 workshops addressing the special education process (available in multiple languages)
- Family Ties workshops including Let’s Get Organized and Listening and Learning
- Positive Solutions Training of Trainers for educators planning to launch a Positive Solutions program in their community
- Family Engagement Framework Training of Trainers for individuals interested in promoting family engagement in their communities
- PCTI for individuals looking for a deep dive into the special education process
- SEPAC Summer School for SEPAC members and leaders
- The APPLE conference bringing together special education staff and families
- The Visions of Community annual conference (sessions available in multiple languages)
- The Making a Difference annual conference
- Planning a Life Conferences focusing on supporting transition age youth (14-22) on IEPs
- The Network Series for advocates, SEPAC leaders and SESPs
- Facebook livestreams on timely topics
- Monthly webinars with state agencies
You can request an event for you community as well!
- What if your SEPAC is interested in learning more about the role SEPACs can play in districts?
- Maybe your staff is preparing for the new school year and is interested in increasing their knowledge of trauma.
- Does your PAC want to gain advocacy skills?
- Is your community trying to better understand the American school system?
- Do you have a support group for families looking for more ways to help their children’s development?
- Perhaps your community wants to create a workshop tailored for specific needs.
In all these cases and more, we can support you! Reach out to us, and we will help you identify the right programming for you and your community.