Visions of Community 2023 Virtual Conference
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is VOC for?
- Parents, Caregivers, Kinship, Young Adults (14-26), Professionals and Providers who care for children with special needs.
What can I get out of it?
- Training, networking, information, engaging content, resources, connections, access to Pre-events, and the recording of the conference. Everyone who registers will have access to a recording of all sessions except the keynote.
Will there be a Youth Forum?
- This year FCSN is re-envisioning Youth Events at our Visions of Community conference. We are planning to hold a fun and educational in-person youth event for transition aged students on Saturday, March 11th from 1 to 4 pm at the Schrafft Center, 529 Main St in Boston. Details are being finalized and more information is coming soon! We will keep you in the loop!
Where can I find this year’s flyers?
- VOC 2023 promotional flyers are currently under development. Links to the flyers will be provided shortly.
What are the conference’s hashtags?
Accessing the conference
How do I sign up?
- Conference Registration This registration allows you to join the full conference day event and all pre-events.
- Free Pre-Conference Events Register here for free access to Meet the Commissioners, the Fireside Chat with Judy Heumann, and other events during the week leading up to the conference.
- Pre-Conference Networking – no registration required
Are there accommodations?
- The VOC conference will include ASL interpretation for the keynote presentations and closed captioning for all sessions. If you need additional accommodations, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 237-7210 by February 17, 2023.
What are the costs?
- Registration is $15. Scholarships are available. Contact us at email@example.com.
- All pre-conference events are available at no cost.
If I register online, will you be using my information in any other way?
- No. The Federation is committed to keeping your contact information confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our contact data or lists to third parties.
If I accidentally register using someone else’s name, what should I do?
- You can change your name under Edit Profile in the mobile app. Tap on your image and edit.
How to join the event from a tablet or phone?
- To join the event from a mobile device or tablet, you will need to download the Whova mobile app, enter your email address and create a password. If you have previously attended an event on Whova, you will need to enter the conference code.
Can the Google Translation Extension Plug-in work in Whova?
- We will add the link to the YouTube video that will show you step-by-step how to download the extension plug-in.
- This Google Translate Extension automatically detects if a page you are browsing is in a different language, and an option will be provided to translate the page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb?hl=en
- This article has more information on other browsers: https://www.technorms.com/21872/google-translate-any-browser
Who are the Exhibitors?
- You can view the full list of current exhibitors on our conference home page. The website will be published in late December.
How do I speak with an Exhibitor:
- The Exhibitors will be available in their booth starting at 8 AM on the day of the conference, March 4, 2023.
- During the conference, you will be able to explore Exhibitor booths by clicking on the Exhibitor channel either in your browser or on your phone. This will give you access to any materials they have made available.
- If live exhibitors are available, you can communicate through the
- Use the chat to exchange messages
- Join their live Zoom session if they have included that option
- Click on “Let’s meet” and schedule a time to meet with the Exhibitor
How can I become an Exhibitor or Sponsor?
- Register here to become an Exhibitor: https://whova.com/portal/registration/vocc_202303/exhibitor/
- Contact Renee Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Who do I contact for Scholarships information?
- Pat Cameron at email@example.com for more information
- MassPAC members can contact Leslie Leslie firstname.lastname@example.org
- For SESP discount contact email@example.com to request the code
Where do I add the discount code?
- On the registration page, just under the last ticket option, click on “Add discount code”. A field will appear that will allow you to enter the code. This should change the attendee price to “0”.
Who do I contact for immediate assistance?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once registered go to Community and then “Ask the Organizer”
- View Whova’s Attendee Guide
How can I resolve connectivity issues?
- Please use the latest version of one of the recommended browsers for the best attendee experience: (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc…)
- If necessary, secure a direct connection to your router
- If you need assistance contact us at email@example.com
Workshop Information and Agenda
- Additional information coming soon
Thank you VOC 2022 Sponsors
Event registration software