The Parent Training and Information Center (PTIC) provides:
- Information and assistance on special education laws, procedures, community resources, disability information, advocacy, and related matters of concern through the Call Center Access the Call Center Intake Form for your special education questions
- Support groups, including emotional support and training in special education matter, in Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese for parents who do not speak English
- A variety of workshops in local communities on special education related topics. Information and some workshops are available in Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Webinars, Family Facts on Special Education, and resources
- A comprehensive training program on special education laws and procedures through the Parent Consultant Training Institute
Research shows that students are most successful when schools and families work together, leading to better attendance, test scores, behavior, graduation rates, and post-secondary enrollment.
The contents of the PTI website were developed under a grant from the U.S. Department of Education, #H328M140014. The contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the U.S. Department of Education; you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. Project Officer, Carmen Sanchez.