The Pathways for Parents Program at the Federation for Children with Special Needs provides support to many community organizations, as well as directly to parents and families who receive services from the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families (DCF). Our mission is to support effective parent and guardian participation in their child’s education, enable access to emotional and behavioral support services, and strengthen supportive parenting skills.
Pathways for Parents:
- informs, educates and supports parents
- respects culture, values and abilities
- supports active parent involvement
- encourages positive change
“You never know what activity, suggestion or story will inspire a child’s future.”
- activities and games strengthen relationships and build skills
- Conversations and shared experiences teach life lessons and instill values.
- Stories of family history and traditions helps build identity and family bonds
- Being respectful and responsible promotes respect and responsibility in others.