Vocational Rehabilitation and Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)
The Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC), a state human service agency, helps individuals with disabilities live and work independently. In general, MRC can provide vocational and independent living supports to individuals with disabilities.
MRC is responsible for Vocational Rehabilitation, Community Living, and Disability Determination for federal benefit programs. MRC counselors work with youth and adults with various types of disabilities. Transition-aged youth (14 to 22) may be eligible for Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS).
How can the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) help?
2. What are Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)?
Before you finish high school, pre-employment transition services (Pre-ETS) can help you get ready for a job.
These services include:
- Job exploration counseling
- Work readiness training
- Work-based learning experiences
- Counseling in post-secondary education
To learn more about Pre-ETS
- Watch this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKCMZ7p1rMA&t=16s
- Can Pre-ETS benefit you? Find out here: https://www.mass.gov/doc/could-pre-ets-benefit-you/download
- What do I need to know about Pre-ETS? https://www.mass.gov/doc/what-you-need-to-know-about-pre-ets/download
- Find Pre-ETS providers near you! https://www.mass.gov/doc/pre-ets-book-all-you-need-to-know-about-pre-ets/download
3. How do you get referred to MRC? Find out here: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/types-of-referrals-to-mrc-for-students-and-youth
4. Find your local MRC office here: https://www.mass.gov/vocational-rehabilitation/locations
5. Learn more about how schools and MRC work together visit this page”: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/how-schools-and-mrc-work-together
Visit MRC on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=mass%20rehabilitation%20commission