Welcome to MassPAC at the
Federation for Children with Special Needs
MARCH 2020 UPDATE
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Federation is moving to an online format. We are open, but please send your SEPAC and MassPAC questions to email@example.com. Let us know if you have any concerns about your SEPAC operations during the school closure. Please stay in touch, we will get through this together!
MassPAC will host a MassPAC Monday Facebook Livestream session each Monday at 2PM on the Federation’s Facebook page @fcsnfb
MassPAC at the Federation for Children with Special Needs is the statewide organization providing information, training, and networking opportunities to Massachusetts special education parent advisory councils (SEPACs) and the professionals who collaborate with them. After almost eleven years as a private non-profit organization, MassPAC became part of the Federation in July 2009.
- Learn what Massachusetts special education regulations (PDF) say about SEPACs.
- Read Guidance For Special Education Parent Advisory Councils from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education.
- Review a new National SEPAC Guide – Advocacy in Action: A Guide to Local Special Education Parent Advisory Councils.
- Become a MassPAC member, either as a SEPAC leader or as an Individual/Professional member. Because the Federation has limited funding to support MassPAC activities, we need you to become an annual member!
Important Guidance Documents regarding educational services during school closures: (click on the document name to access content)
March 26, 2020 DESE DESE covid19-faq 3.26.2020
March 26, 2020 DESE DESE Remote Learning Recommendations During COVID-19 School Closures 3.26.2020
Benefits of MassPAC membership can include:
- Access to MassPAC via email and phone for answers to your questions.
- Participation in the MassPAC statewide Listserve.
- Posting of your SEPAC events on the Listserve and MassPAC Facebook group.
- Topical webinars & video trainings.
- Face-to-face SEPAC leadership networking events.
- One free registration to FCSN’s annual VOC Conference.
The annual MassPAC membership runs from July 1st through June 30th. Membership information and forms available here.
Thank you for your support in our collective effort to make this a better world for children who have disabilities and to ensure better educational outcomes for them.