Welcome to MassPAC at the
Federation for Children with Special Needs
NEW for SUMMER 2020 – SEPAC Summer School!
Learn how to build and grow a successful SEPAC at SEPAC Summer School. The series of zoom webinars will run for 10 weeks this summer, starting on July 7th from 7-8 PM. The first 30 minutes will be a presentation on a topic and a sharing of resources about that topic. Then, at 7:30 we will have a breakout groups and conversation on that topic. We welcome new and seasoned SEPAC officers and members to share best practices.
- When: Tuesdays, begins on July 7, 2020 07:00-8:00 PM on Zoom
- Register in advance for this webinar series
- SEPAC Summer School Agenda
- You can watch recorded learning sessions on the FCSN YouTube channel: “SEPAC Summer School“
The Federation is working remotely – send your SEPAC and MassPAC questions to email@example.com.
One page tip sheet for SEPACs – SEPAC Best Practices During COVID-19
MassPAC will host a 10 minute MassPAC Monday Facebook Livestream session this Fall, every Monday at 2PM on the Federation’s Facebook page @fcsnfb. See archived MassPAC Monday sessions from this Spring on the Federation’s YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/fcsnvideos – playlist titled “FCSN Facebook Livestream Videos”.
MassPAC at the Federation for Children with Special Needs is the statewide organization providing information, training, and networking opportunities to Massachusetts special education parent advisory councils (SEPACs) and the professionals who collaborate with them. After almost eleven years as a private non-profit organization, MassPAC became part of the Federation in July 2009.
- Learn what Massachusetts special education regulations (PDF) say about SEPACs.
- Read Guidance For Special Education Parent Advisory Councils from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education.
- Review a new National SEPAC Guide – Advocacy in Action: A Guide to Local Special Education Parent Advisory Councils.
- Become a MassPAC member, either as a District/SEPAC or as an Individual/Professional member.
Benefits of MassPAC membership can include:
- Access to MassPAC support via email, phone or zoom for answers to your questions.
- Participation in the MassPAC statewide Listserve/Posting of your SEPAC events on the MassPAC Listserve and MassPAC Facebook group.
- Webinars & video trainings.
- Virtual SEPAC leadership networking events.
- One free registration to FCSN’s annual VOC Conference – Virtual Conference for 2021!
The annual MassPAC membership runs from July 1st through June 30th. APPLY ONLINE TODAY TO START YOUR BENEFITS.
Thank you for your support in our collective effort to make this a better world for children who have disabilities and to ensure better educational outcomes for them.