Welcome to MassPAC at the
Federation for Children with Special Needs
NEW for SUMMER 2020 – SEPAC Summer School!
MassPAC is starting a new initiative for SEPAC officers and members to learn how to build and grow a successful SEPAC. The series of zoom webinars will run for 10 weeks this summer, starting on July 7th from 7-8 PM. The first 30 minutes will be a presentation on a topic and a sharing of resources about that topic. Then, at 7:30 we will have a listening session and conversation on that topic. We welcome new and seasoned SEPAC officers and members to share best practices.
- When: Tuesdays, begins on July 7, 2020 07:00-8:00 PM
- Register in advance for this webinar: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zrrPNGkFSECaIQHWcMwqdA
The Federation is working remotely – send your SEPAC and MassPAC questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Things are changing weekly so check in often – Special Education Guidance and Resources can be found at COVID-19 Special Education Resources.
One page tip sheet for SEPACs – SEPAC Best Practices During COVID-19
MassPAC will host a MassPAC Monday Facebook Livestream session each Monday at 2PM on the Federation’s Facebook page @fcsnfb
MassPAC at the Federation for Children with Special Needs is the statewide organization providing information, training, and networking opportunities to Massachusetts special education parent advisory councils (SEPACs) and the professionals who collaborate with them. After almost eleven years as a private non-profit organization, MassPAC became part of the Federation in July 2009.
- Learn what Massachusetts special education regulations (PDF) say about SEPACs.
- Read Guidance For Special Education Parent Advisory Councils from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education.
- Review a new National SEPAC Guide – Advocacy in Action: A Guide to Local Special Education Parent Advisory Councils.
- Become a MassPAC member, either as a SEPAC leader or as an Individual/Professional member. Because the Federation has limited funding to support MassPAC activities, we need you to become an annual member!
Benefits of MassPAC membership can include:
- Access to MassPAC via email and phone for answers to your questions.
- Participation in the MassPAC statewide Listserve.
- Posting of your SEPAC events on the MassPAC Listserve and MassPAC Facebook group.
- Topical webinars & video trainings.
- Face-to-face SEPAC leadership networking events.
- One free registration to FCSN’s annual VOC Conference.
The annual MassPAC membership runs from July 1st through June 30th. Membership information and forms available here.
Thank you for your support in our collective effort to make this a better world for children who have disabilities and to ensure better educational outcomes for them.