Youth Development and Leadership
If you are a youth with a disability who is looking for some good information on how to prepare for life after high school you have come to the right page!!
Use the Guideposts for Success work plan to think through your transition plan!
Not sure how to get started with setting up a vision for your future?
1. Check out these resources on self-determination and self-advocacy to help you prepare for making your own decisions and being independent.
2. Make some time to think through what some of your goals are for life after high school.
3. Find a leadership opportunity that would be right for you.
Youth can drive the transition planning process by setting their own goals for what they hope to achieve.
Not sure how to get started?
1. Check out a webinar from the Federation for Children with Special Needs on Creating a Post-Secondary Vision.
2. Check out Youthood.org to start preparing for what you want to do in the future.
3. Use MY PLAN a tool to help youth think about their strengths, preferences and interests to make a plan to achieve their future vision.
Chapter 688 Referral
Adult Services and Agencies
Independent Living Centers