Rising to the Challenge Virtual Gala: Oct. 17, 2020
For more information: FCSN.org/gala2020
RTSC’s Making a Difference Conference: November 2019
Location: Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
181 Boston Post Rd W | Marlborough, MA | 01752
Making a Difference is the Recruitment, Training and Support Center (RTSC) for Special Education Surrogate Parents’ (SESPs) annual statewide conference, presenting a range of topics related to the education and support of students. This conference provides a unique opportunity for attendees to learn and network with each other, child welfare professionals, and RTSC staff.
Planning a Life Conference
Location: Federation for Children with Special Needs, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3 | Boston, MA | 02129
This two-day transition planning conference features information and resources for families, educators, and professionals.
- Create a Vision for life beyond High School
- Transition Laws
- Transition assessments
- MA Transition Planning Form and IEP goals
- Post-secondary education and Career pparation
- Community connections
- Family involvement
Workshops on: family engagement, parent advocacy, transition to adult services, assistive technology, special health needs, social supports, and more.
- Sessions in English, Español, Português, 中文 (Chinese), Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese), Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole), Somali and عربى (Arabic)
- Exhibition hall with vendors and service providers from across Massachusetts
- Networking opportunities with other families and professionals