Offered three times each year at locations across the state, Planning A Life (PAL) is a two-day Transition planning conference featuring information and resources for families, educators, and professionals.
- Creating a Vision for life beyond High School
- Transition Laws
- Transition assessments
- The MA Transition Planning Form and IEP goals
- Post-Secondary Education and Career preparation
- Community connections
- Family involvement
The registration price is $125 per individual or $175 per family/professional. Scholarships are available – please contact us for more information.
SAVE THE DATE! “Joining Voices” is a conference for families of children and youth with special health care needs (CSHCN) and the professionals who support them. Workshop offerings focus on improving advocacy for children and fostering informed decision-making around health care supports. Ultimately, participants are empowered to become better partners.
Registration opens in September 2017
RTSC’s Making a Difference Conference: November 27, 2018
Location: Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
181 Boston Post Rd W | Marlborough, MA | 01752
Making a Difference is the Recruitment, Training and Support Center (RTSC) for Special Education Surrogate Parents’ (SESPs) annual statewide conference, presenting a range of topics related to the education and support of students. This conference provides a unique opportunity for attendees to learn and network with each other, child welfare professionals, and RTSC staff.
- Behavioral challenges
- Trauma-focused care
- Updates in the world of special education
- Sessions in English, Español, Português, 中文 (Chinese), Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese), Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole), and عربى (Arabic)
- Exhibition hall with vendors and service providers from across Massachusetts
- Networking opportunities with other families and professionals
- Special programming for youth ages 14-22
- View photos from 2018
Celebrating Every Child Gala
Location: Westin Waterfront Hotel, Boston
- Silent auction with an assortment of goods and services
- Volunteer opportunities available
- Advertising space in our Program Book
- Photos and video from 2018