Project Associate – Part time 32 hours
Project Associate – Part time 32 hours (full-time option available)
Our Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. The mission of the RTSC Project is to ensure that every child in state custody receives the educational supports they need to succeed. We strive to meet this goal by recruiting, training and providing technical assistance to volunteers who work as special education decision-makers for students who are in state custody and receive special education services.
Job Summary: The Project Associate reports to the RTSC Project Director. S/He oversees the volunteer application process, assists with recruitment efforts, and coordinates project trainings and events.
• Coordinate and schedule of all trainings and events
• Processes SESP volunteer applications
• Provide administrative support with recruitment activities.
• Advertisement of training opportunities through various platforms
• Creates weekly and monthly project newsletters and announcements.
• Assist with the coordination and production of monthly webinars.
• Enters and maintains information into required databases for quarterly reports.
• Participate in project and Federation staff meetings.
• Provide general administrative assistance and perform other director assigned tasks.
• Provide support with other projects as required.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferred. (A combination of education and experience may be substituted).
• Good oral and written communication skills, administrative and time-management skills
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 and WordPress.
• Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
• Prior work experience or interest in special education
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
• An independent worker who pays strong attention to detail, and is able to take initiative and collaborate with team members.
Opportunity to serve on various Committees.
This position is 32 hours per week – 40 hours available.
The Project Associate will report to the RTSC Project Director.
No phone calls please.
To Apply: Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Federation for Children with Special Needs, The Schrafft Center, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!