- This event has passed.
Basic Rights: Evaluation and Eligibility – Waltham *Cancelled*
April 14, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
A comprehensive introduction to special education laws and procedure:
- purpose of the law,
- when and how to make a referral,
- the Team meeting process,
- standards for determining eligibility,
- services and placement,
- what to do if the team decides the student is not eligible,
- what happens after the close of the Team meeting,
- parent’s response options to an IEP, and
- procedural due process rights for resolving disputes.